Navigation for Women Terms and Conditions
- A booking is only confirmed once payment has been received.
- If you cancel a course the following refund terms apply: 8 weeks’ notice or more – 75% refund; between 2 and 8 weeks’ notice – 50% refund; less than 2 weeks’ notice – no refund. Alternatively, should we manage to fill your space, we will transfer your booking to an alternative date within the same calendar year as available. A fee of £25 will be charged for this service.
- If we cancel a course, we will offer the choice of a full refund of all money paid to us or a place on an alternative date.
- If you are late or need to leave early no refund will be offered.
- Our courses run primarily outdoors in hills and on moorland and there are risks involved in any outdoor activity on rocky and uneven ground. By booking with Navigation for Women, you are accepting these risks and acknowledge that you have read the full details at the bottom of this document. Participants must make us aware of any relevant medical information on booking.
- All participants must be aged 18 or over unless arranged in advance with Navigation for Women.
- Navigation for Women has public liability insurance. We recommend that participants take out insurance in case they need to cancel due to illness or injury.
- While we will make every reasonable effort to run our courses as advertised, Navigation for Women reserves the right to make changes to the courses if necessary.
RISK ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FOR PARTICIPANTS ON NAVIGATION COURSES
Participants on the navigation courses should be aware that walking in the countryside involves the use of terrain that can be steep and difficult underfoot. It is essential to wear the correct clothing and footwear and to carry appropriate equipment as follows:
Waterproof hooded jacket ; waterproof trousers ; warm mid garments at all times of the year ( thermal underclothing in cold weather); warm hat and gloves at all times of the year; walking boots with a sufficiently supportive structure and with pronounced tread ; sun hat in warm, sunny weather.
Food and Drink - sufficient food and drink to sustain you for a day’s moorland walk. Spare food for use in the event of an emergency.
Essential Personal Medication - medication prescribed by your GP to be at hand at all times (e.g. inhalers for asthma sufferers). Small first aid kit recommended.
Rucksack to carry gear